Positive affirmations are short, powerful statements. The idea is that they refocus your attention onto good things. It’s very easy for us to slip into negative thinking, so positive affirmations enable us to take control of our thoughts.
There are various types of affirmations. Some are for daily use, others are for as/when you may need them. Personally, I like to use them on days when my anxiety is high, or when my self esteem is particularly low.
It is advised that you read affirmations when you are alone and somewhere quiet. This increases the chances of you focusing on the words in front of you and really taking in what they are saying. With that in mind, feel free to save this for later and come back to it!
Positive Affirmations To Boost Your Mood
- I believe in my own abilities.
- Happiness is within my reach.
- I deserve the compliments I receive.
- My unique qualities are part of my charm.
- I love myself as I am.
- I have enough, I do enough, I am enough.
(See also: What Does It Mean To Be Good Enough? if you need an extra boost!)
- I am capable.
- This is my body and I love it.
- I am in the process of becoming the best version of myself.
- I can do anything I set my mind to.
- Small steps can lead to big changes.
- I have the courage to follow my dreams.
- I will not give up.
- This day is filled with possibilities.
- I deserve to achieve amazing things.
- I free myself from the doubt that holds me back.
- My challenges bring opportunities to grow.
- I am taking action for a better future.
- I am not a burden.
- My thoughts are not facts.
- I am loved.
- I am strong.
- Today, I choose to be happy.
- I am in control.
- I am trying my best.
- Whatever the day has in store, I can handle it.
- I will not compare myself to others.
- I am grateful for my life.
- There is something good in every day.
- I am enthusiastic and optimistic about what’s to come.