The delightful Danielle nominated me for The Kind Blogger Award and I was really touched by the lovely things she had to say about me and my blog! Thank you so much, Danielle!
Time to pay it forward.
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 5 questions set out by the aforementioned Blogger.
- Nominate 1 person who you feel is worthy of this award.
- Give 3 reasons for nominating this person.
- List these rules and display the Award Logo/ Badge on your own blog.
- How did you come up with your Blog name?
At the time my blog was created, there was a war raging on inside my head. It felt like I was being tormented by a bully I couldn’t escape, who was constantly telling me I wasn’t good enough. With a little help from antidepressants and counselling, I started fighting back, to try and prove to myself that bully was wrong. The voice is still there, but every time I put something out there for the world to see; whenever I share a piece of myself with the internet, it’s another occasion when I’m revolting against it. That’s the general idea – my first post covers it in more detail.
- What’s your favourite song of all time and why?
Even though I love so many songs, my answer for this question has been the same since 2002 when I heard Unbreakable by Westlife for the first time and fell in love with it (laugh all you like…). I’ve been a loyal and dedicated Westlife fan since I was 8 years old, but I felt something I’d never felt before with this song. It still gives me that same feeling now. Everything about it just gives me goosebumps, although the video made me sob.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Anywhere with a view of the ocean and preferably with my family nearby.
- If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?
Hunger, because I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that there are still people starving in this day and age!! There’s plenty of food to go around, so there’s no need for anyone to be without it.
- What’s your favourite quote and why?
Picking one is going to be hard because I have so many but I’ll go with: “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare. It’s what I live by.
I’ve had to think really hard about this because there are so many bloggers who I love, but I eventually decided on someone who, I’m sure you’ll all agree, is an outstanding member of this community: Bexa from hellobexa.com!
From hosting her Sunday blog swap on Twitter, to her determination to reply to and return every comment on her blog, it’s clear to see she has a heart of gold. She leaves wonderful, thoughtful and encouraging comments which always make my day. She is a joy to talk to and takes the time to boost other bloggers, no matter where they are in their journey. I am so thankful for all the support she has given me, both directly and indirectly, through her words of wisdom on her blog/Twitter.
So, Bexa, I just wanted to let you know, on behalf of myself and the rest of us lucky enough to know you: your kindness doesn’t go unnoticed. It’s official now! 😊
- You’ve worked with some great businesses to share their products – do you have any favourites?
- In terms of blogging, what are your goals in the next 12 months?
- Name one place on your travel bucket list and share why you’d like to visit there.
- As Autumn has now arrived, what is your favourite thing about this season?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received?